Best Medical Exam Gloves
Summary – The best medical exam gloves provide reliable barrier protection and are manufactured in ISO-certified facilities.
Medical exam gloves are a staple in hospitals and doctor’s offices even before covid. If you’ve ever needed medical exam gloves before, then you’ll appreciate having the most comfortable and dependable protective equipment for your job. But with the stakes this high, it’s essential to have exam gloves you can depend on.
We have reviewed dozens of nitrile, latex, and vinyl gloves to reach our conclusion. Find the product you need in the table below. If you have any questions about methodology, you canto contact us directly via the form at the end of this page.
The 9 Best Medical Exam Gloves on the Market in 2022
SynGuard Bleu Nitrile Exam Gloves are our top pick for the best medical exam gloves. Their cost-effectiveness, durability, and comfortable fit and feel make them beloved by health care professionals.
These gloves are 3.5 millimeters thick with reinforced fingertips making them ideal for light and medium-duty tasks. Because they are made from 100% synthetic nitrile rubber, you don’t have to worry about latex allergies or sensitive skin conditions.
Plus, you can save an extra 10% immediately by purchasing these gloves by the case. Talk about savings!
The high-density nitrile rubber resists tears, abrasions, and cuts. You won’t regret using these SynGuard exam gloves in your doctor’s office or exam room.
These gloves have dozens of 5-star reviews, and it’s no surprise.
If you need quality you can depend on at an affordable price, look no further than SynGuard Blue Nitrile Exam Gloves.
- 100% nitrile is strong, comfortable and durable. 3.5 mil thick protection.
- FDA approved for use in medical applications.
- Micro-textured tips for a sure grip.
- 9.5″ Ambidextrous. Fits either hand like a glove.
- Powder Free Nitrile Exam Gloves are easy to don.
- Latex-Free . . . No Allergic Reactions.
- Non-Sterile. Good chemical resistance.
- 100/box. 10 boxes/case.
Generation Pink Pearl® powder-free nitrile gloves help support Breast Cancer Awareness and Prevention. Manufactured by Medline, they put their decades of experience in the healthcare field to design and create one of the most comfortable exam gloves.
Do your exam gloves leave you frustrated? Moisturize and protect your hands with Generation Pink Pearl Gloves. Part of the Aloetouch collection, these gloves might look ordinary on the outside, but it’s what’s inside that counts.
Medline coats the gloves with a layer of organic aloe vera extract. When you don these exam gloves, your body heat activates the aloe vera and soothes your skin. Talk about hi-tech!
Experience the comfort of Pink Pearl gloves, and leave your hands healthy, soft, and protected.
America’s most famous pink nitrile exam gloves are our #2 pick for best nitrile exam gloves.
Featuring aloe vera and 5.5-millimeter material thickness, they will keep you comfortable and protected for extended hours.
- Latex-Free Patented Third-Generation Nitrile Medical Exam Gloves.
- All-Day Comfort.
- Tested for use with chemotherapy drugs.
- Extra Thick 5.5 Mil Gloves for Barrier Protection.
- Beaded Cuffs and Stretchy Nitrile for Easy On/Off.
- Available in SM to XL Sizes.
- Packaged 100 Gloves per Box. Extra-Large Gloves 90 Gloves per Box
Do you have sensitive skin? Do your hands hurt after hours on the job? The National Eczema Association awarded these Restore brand gloves their Seal of Approval!
These Medline Restore Sense Green Nitrile Exam Gloves feature colloidal oatmeal. The nitrile rubber is infused with gluten-free oats that have been ground into a fine powder to soothe your hands.
The FDA says that colloidal oatmeal can temporarily protect and help relieve skin irritation and itching. Even better is that these gloves are certified for advanced medical examinations:
- Meets both ASTM D6978-05 and USP 800 Personal Protection Equipment requirements for use of chemotherapy gloves when handling hazardous drugs
If you need comfortable gloves without sacrificing your personal protection, we agree with the National Eczema Association in recommending these exam gloves.
Medline has raised the bar again in designing these exam gloves. The National Eczema Association recommends these nitrile exam gloves for every doctor or nurse who experiences skin irritation or has sensitive skin.
Be comfortable on the job with Medline Restore Sense Green Nitrile Exam Gloves!
- Soothe hands – Exam gloves with MaxOat+ colloidal oatmeal can help retain natural moisture and soothe skin. The National Eczema Association has awarded the Seal of Acceptance to Restore gloves.
- Outstanding tactile sensitivity – 3.5 mil thick medical grade gloves with textured finger tips are thick enough to act as a barrier while maintaining comfort, dexterity, and tactile sensitivity.
Do you prefer the fit and feel of latex rubber? The main difference between latex and nitrile is that latex is manufactured from 100% organic tree sap derived from trees. That means latex is a sustainable material.
However, many people find that their skin reacts poorly to latex rubber gloves. About 5% of nurses report redness and irritation from the extended use of latex rubber.
For those without such issues, latex exam gloves are comfortable and durable. Many find latex to be the most comfortable glove material.
With 7.0 millimeters of protection, these gloves won’t tear or rip without a fight. You can depend on DynaGrip gloves for your exam room.
If you need 100% natural latex rubber gloves then these DynaGrip Latex Exam Gloves are our #1 pick for latex exam gloves.
You can’t beat DynaGrip latex gloves for those who prefer the 100% natural fit and feel of latex.
- Powder-free exam-grade latex gloves meet rigid standards set by the FDA for barrier protection in a medical environment.
- Delivers the performance of thicker gloves without sacrificing the fit, comfort, and flexibility of latex.
- 7 mil thick for extra protection.
Vinyl exam gloves are the most cost-effective exam glove. However, the fit and feel generally lag behind latex and nitrile alternatives.
If you want the cost-effectiveness or vinyl with the feel and durability of nitrile, look no further than these Basic Nitrile/Vinyl Blend Exam Gloves.
The gloves are suitable for light tasks such as vaccine administration and examinations. The gloves fit snuggly and have a natural snap to them common among nitrile gloves.
Because the gloves cost a fraction of the cost of nitrile gloves, you’ll be saving a ton of money without sacrificing safety.
If you want to save money on PPE costs in your doctor’s office, try these Basic Medical Nitrile/Vinyl Blend Exam Gloves.
They balance the fit and feel of nitrile with the cost-savings of vinyl gloves.
- These Vinyl/Nitrile blend gloves are a good choice for those with Latex allergies or if you frequently change gloves.
- Ambidextrous. Fits either hand like a glove.
- Powder Free Vinyl Blend Exam Gloves are easy to don and go on faster than other materials.
- Non-Sterile. Meets FDA requirements for medical applications. 3.2 mil thick glove keeps you safe.
If you are caring for someone who is sick or you’re fighting to protect yourself against the bacteria and grime of a dirty bathroom, you need nitrile gloves that are up to the task.
CURAD gloves provide 2 layers of tough, high-quality nitrile rubber and heavy-duty protection. Nitrile is an artificial latex rubber that circumvents latex sensitivities while providing protection against common chemicals including household cleaning products and petroleum-based products handled by mechanics.
For dependable protection from germs and everything else life throws at you, CURAD germ shield 2-Layer Gloves are the answer.
Curad is a trusted brand by Medline, the #1 provider of PPE for hospitals in the USA.
Trust these Curad Germ Shield White Nitrile Exam Gloves to protect you from bacteria, viruses, and chemicals with its advanced 2-layer protective barrier.
- 2-layer, 2-color Protection – Tear-resistant and powder free nitrile exam gloves have a white outer layer (to better identify contaminants) and green inner layer (to make rips or punctures more noticeable).
- Bacteria, virus, and chemical barrier – Medical grade gloves proven to resist germs (passes ASTM F1671 Viral Penetration requirements). High resistance to many common chemicals, including gas, oil, and mineral spirits.
Doctors and nurses deserve the best protection. Look no further than these Kimberly-Clark Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves, designed to provide the highest degree of protection against splashes, spills, and abrasions.
The highly durable nitrile polymer contains no added powder or latex and won’t irritate any skin sensitivities. You and your staff will enjoy excellent dexterity and tactile sensitivity, even in use cases that involve chemotherapy drugs.
It’s easy to see why Kimberly-Clark Purple Nitrile Gloves are the choice of leading labs. These purple nitrile gloves are fully recyclable through the RightCycle program (by Kimberly-Clark™ Professional), so your lab gloves won’t result in landfills. When users visit the distinctive purple color, they can have confidence in their own protection.
Kimberly Clark is a trusted safety brand that manufactures high-quality n95 masks, disposable coveralls, and nitrile gloves designed to keep our nation’s beloved doctors and nurses safe.
These purple nitrile exam gloves meet the highest quality standards (AQL 1.0) and protect against chemotherapy applications (ASTM D6987-05).
Trust these Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves for your exam room.
- Approved for Chemotherapy Applications (ASTM D6978-05)
- Powder free and 100% synthetic nitrile polymer for individuals allergic to natural rubber latex.
- Superior quality exam-grade gloves with AQL 1.0 (exceeds the ASTM 2.5 standard for critical defects or pinholes).
BioSkin Blue Nitrile Gloves are manufactured by a leader in the safety and personal protective equipment space. Featuring reinforced fingertips, these gloves excel at precise exam room tasks such as wound care and bandaging.
BioSkin nitrile gloves provide sufficient barrier protection for medium and light tasks and even protect against common chemical hazards.
Many nitrile glove brands rip off their customers by only providing boxes of 50. However, BioSkin brand gloves provide customers with 100 gloves per box saving you over 50% compared to store-brand gloves found at WalMart, Costco, and Target.
You won’t be disappointed with BioSkin Nitrile Exam Gloves.
Get BioSkin Blue Nitrile Exam Gloves because they are manufactured by a leading provider of PPE and medical grade protection.
- Strong, comfortable and durable. Excellent barrier protection – keeps the cooties out when used in a medical or hazardous environment. FDA Approved.
- Ambidextrous. Fits either hand like a glove.
- Powder Free Nitrile Exam Gloves are easy to don.
- Non-Sterile. Good chemical resistance. 4.0 mil thick.
BioSkin White Latex Exam Gloves provide FDA-certified protection at a fraction of the cost of other latex and nitrile gloves. Manufactured in ISO 9002 facilities you will immediately feel the quality when wearing these gloves.
Don’t hesitate! Try these latex exam gloves and outfit your workforce with reliable, comfortable protection.
Our second most popular latex exam gloves are suitable for doctors office’s that want the fit and feel of latex but want to save a few dollars in the process!
- Medical Grade Exam gloves meet tough standards set by the FDA for barrier protection in a medical environment.
- Easy on. Beaded cuff for easy donning and a smooth finish.
- Gloves protect against alkalis, acids, alcohols, and ketones.
- Certifications: ISO 9002, FDA registered, TUV certified, EN46002.
How do you choose the best medical exam gloves?
Being a doctor, nurse, surgeon, or other healthcare professional is often a high-risk career. Many of the threats you face are invisible to the naked eye and you depend on personal protective equipment to stop these microscopic threats.
It’s a fact confirmed by the FDA, World Health Organization, and worldwide government agencies that disposable gloves prevent the spread of disease and infection. Additionally, some gloves meet higher standards for risk reduction such as chemotherapy and fetanyl-approved gloves.
What are the different types of medical exam gloves?
Disposable medical gloves come in a variety of materials, sizes, thicknesses, and colors. The most common medical gloves are made from nitrile, a synthetic latex rubber. There are also natural latex gloves, synthetic vinyl, and synthetic chloroprene gloves.
The most common medical exam glove by far is made from nitrile. Doctors and nurses like the fit, feel, and protection provided by nitrile. Nitrile is superior to vinyl in protecting against bacteria and viruses. The feel of nitrile is similar to that of latex, in that the rubber naturally conforms to your hands and doesn’t interfere with your work.
Latex is a natural rubber derived from tree sap. Latex is the most sustainable option because it is derived from a natural source. However, about 5% of healthcare workers experience some sensitivities around latex rubber. Because of this, many hospitals provide nitrile and vinyl alternatives for those with skin sensitivities.
Latex is considered by some to be the most comfortable glove material. The protective qualities of latex almost rival their nitrile competitors.
Vinyl exam gloves are suitable for low-risk settings and when gloves need to be frequently changed. Nurses may benefit from vinyl gloves during vaccine administration. However, for high-risk settings, it is always advised to use latex or nitrile.
Vinyl is a synthetic rubber that does not naturally conform to your hand. Some find that the glove fits comfortably, but most will prefer latex or nitrile.
Chloroprene is known by its trademark name Neoprene, developed by Dupont. Chloroprene medical gloves are rare but not impossible to find. This synthetic rubber is mostly used in niche applications that require specific chemical protection. For example, plumbers and cleaning crews may be outfitted with chloroprene because of its unique chemical resistance.
Powder or Powder-Free Gloves
All medical gloves must be powder-free according to the FDA. This policy is in the 2000s because medical officials noticed an uptick in skin irritation from those using powdered gloves. The powder in gloves is cornstarch which makes putting the gloves on easier. However, this cornstarch also when mixed with sweat would inevitably irritate the user’s hands. All medical-grade gloves no longer contain any powder.
Medical exam gloves are necessary for doctors, surgeons, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. SynGuard Blue Nitrile Exam Gloves are highly rated and our #1 recommendation for Disposable Exam Gloves. Compared to standard nitrile gloves, they offer tremendous value and are ideal for light-duty activities such as vaccine administration, doctor’s check-ups, and wound care.