Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves are loved by doctors, nurses, and other medical professions that need the highest level of barrier protection from bacteria, viruses, chemical hazards, and procedures with a high fluid exposure risk. Kimberly Clark‘s Purple Exam Gloves offer chemotherapy protection in accordance with ASTM D6978-05 guidelines. The superior quality material exceeds ASTM 2.5 standard for defects. These gloves are 6.0 mil thick, ensuring yourself against rips and tears during exam procedures.
Tested Against 12 Chemotherapy Drugs and 4 Hormones
Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves provide excellent protection against chemical hazards common in cancer treatment centers. They have been tested against 14 chemotherapy drugs per the ASTM D6978-05: Standard Practice for Assessment of Resistance of Medical Gloves to Permeation by Chemotherapy Drugs.
Nitrile exam gloves have also been tested against common chemicals found in medical offices.
Kimberly Clark’s Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves have an AQL of 1.0 for critical defects. This means that they exceed the ASTM 2.5 AQL standard. Purple Nitrile exam Gloves are significantly less likely to have critical defects than generic brand exam gloves, or gloves that only meet the ASTM 2.5 AQL requirement.
- Suitable for use in Medical Applications including chemotherapy and when their is a high fluid exposure risk
- Suitable for people sensitive to natural latex because the glove is 100% latex-free
- Material resists viral penetration with 6.0 mil thick exam grade nitrile
Medical Application Considerations
Purple Nitrile Exam Gloves are suitable for environments that are regulated by OSHA or NIOSH standards. The Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) encourages the use of exam grade nitrile that protects workers from chemotherapy drugs (Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Guidelines and Recommendations for Practice 2005). Along with this, nurses find wearing half finger nylon gloves underneath their purple nitrile exam gloves provide exceptional comfort.
- Not formulated with latex rubber. Nitrile is a 100% latex free alternative. Reducing the potential for allergic reactions and discomfort.
- Powder free gloves are known to reduce skin irritation among health care professions.
- 6.0 mil thick nitrile resists degradation and provides maximum barrier protection.
Guidelines for Use
- Exam gloves should be worn for all applications that come into contact with chemotherapy drugs, bodily fluids, infection hazards, bacteria and bodily fluids. Because of the toxicity of chemotherapy drugs, special care must be taken when removing medical waste. Ensure that chemotherapy waste is segregated from other medical waste. OSHA recommends changing gloves every hour when working with cytotoxic drugs.
- If double-gloving, ensure one glove is worn underneath your cuff and the other is over your cuff. This maximizes protection and minimized risk of fluid exposure.