3 Benefits of Orange Sticks for Estheticians and Nail Technicians
Summary – An orange stick, also called a cuticle stick, is a manicure tool used by estheticians and nail technicians to push back cuticles.
One end of the stick can be pointed, sharp, or it may have a flat bevel. The other end of the stick may be angled for additional use.
Orange sticks are widely used by estheticians because of their ease of use and functionality. If you want to read more about the benefits of cuticle sticks, keep reading.
1. Orange Sticks are Sanitary
Orange sticks are safe and sanitary for use in both manicures and pedicures. The natural material wont inflame or irritate the skin of your client and they will appreciate the care and attention you provide to their safety.
Cuticle sticks should be thrown away after each client to avoid cross contamination. The low cost and ease of use making orange sticks highly valued.
2. Cuticle Sticks are 100% Natural
Orange wood is 100% natural and although many cuticle sticks are no longer made with orange wood, the same remains. However wooden cuticle sticks still are made from 100% natural wood and manufactured to be smooth to the touch.
You wouldn’t want a splinter to hurt your client and reputation which is why you should only buy cuticle sticks form qualified retailers with a long history of quality products and helpful customer service.
3. Cuticle Sticks are Easy to Use
Estheticians must go through rigorous training and licensing, but not all their tools of the trade are secrets. Orange sticks are loved by consumers doing their nails at home for their ease of use.
The single or double bevel end making pushing back cuticles a simple process.
Orange Stick and Wood Cuticle Stick Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are wooden cuticle sticks called “orange sticks”?Wooden cuticle sticks were first manufactured from the wood of orange trees. The first company also delivered these orange sticks in orange envelopes. It is unclear if this is 100% accurate, but the name stuck and has entered the common vocabulary of nail technicians.
2. How do you use an orange stick for cuticles?The first step is to soak your hands in warm water to soften your cuticles. Then use the bevel of an orange stick to gently push your cuticles back. Many doctors now recommend people not push their cuticles back. Although the cuticles have a natural function of protecting the nails, people like pushing their cuticles back because it makes nails appear longer.
3. Can orange sticks be reused?Orange Sticks should not be reused in a professional setting. If you are at home then an orange stick can last you weeks if not months of consistent use. A little care and attention goes a long way to prevent your wooden stick from breaking.
Medical Gloves for Estheticians
Medical grade nitrile gloves should be used to maintain the utmost levels of hygiene standards and protect yourself and your clients from cross contamination.
Your clients will appreciate the care and attention you give them. With proper usage you will prevent the spread of bacteria and infectious diseases.
If you need other medical grade supplies then trust Harmony Lab and Safety Supplies to deliver the quality you need.
If you are unsure about anything or have further questions, then don’t hesitate to reach out to our dedicated sales and support team.
You may also use the contact form below.
Get the best gloves for cultivating, harvesting, and processing cannabis.
Welcome to Harmony Lab & Safety Supplies – your source for lab and safety supplies that protect you and your workforce. Founded in 2006 in the state of California, we are a master supply distributor for scientific, industrial, and technological environments. Keep your workforce safe with our industry-specific supplies from brands you trust. You’ll receive quality products from trusted brands, personal-touch service, easy ordering, and fast shipping.