Cowhide leather is one of the most common hides used for professional gloves. Because of its comfort, economy, abrasion-resistant properties, and durability. Cowhide has a longer break-in period and more heat-resistant than goatskin and pigskin.Once broken in, many find cowhide driver gloves to provide the greatest strength, comfort, and protection.
Because of its porous nature, pigskin leather becomes softer with use and stays cooler. Pigskin Gloves are a great hand protection solution for application where movement, safety, and comfort are priorities
Pigskin is versatile; it offers durability, breathability, and water resistance making it ideal for many commercial applications.
The strength and dexterity of goatskin leather ensures hand protection against many hazards. Because of natural lanolin in the skin which delivers high water and abrasion resistance. Goatskin Driver Gloves provide impeccable protection against weather, cuts, and sparks
4. Hi-Vis Leather Gloves (Cowhide)
High visibility safety gear keeps workers seen in low-light conditions. Along with shirts and vests, gloves are useful for nighttime pole workers (electricians) to be seen by oncoming traffic.
With the strength, comfort, and dexterity of cowhide, you’ll be content working with these hi vis gloves. Understand various types of work leather gloves to select one which fits your profession.
5. Do you need Leather Work Gloves with kevlar?
When it comes to heavy-duty material, you can’t find anything better than kevlar. It’s not a surprise law enforcement and the military use kevlar vests. When work gloves are lined with kevlar, the leather retains its pliability and becomes software with extended use.
Make Your Glove Match Your Hazard
Like any other personal protective equipment, leather gloves must be appropriate for the task and hazards present and they need to fit wearer’s hand properly. When examining a task to select the right glove, determine whether your job involves any hazardous chemicals or sharp objects.
Some hazards may not seem dangerous but they can damage your skin over time. Choosing gloves designed for your work environment is therefore important.
Did you know that 70% of Hand-Injuries are Preventable?
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) revealed that 70% of workers who suffered hand injuries in manufacturing were not wearing gloves. Hand injuries among the remaining 30% were because hand protection was inadequate, damaged, or misapplied.
Leather provides natural comfort, durability, and abrasion protection, making them ideal for industry. Since there is a broad range of leather work gloves available in the market, it can be challenging to select the appropriate pair for your work environment.
What are leather’s limitations?
If leather gloves are exposed to chemicals for a long period of time, they will start breaking down allowing the chemicals to seep through. Protective equipment must be tailored to your hazard.
Hazard assessment is a crucial step towards implementing the right safety equipment at your workplace. According to OSHA’s hand protection standards, employers must select compliant equipment and then require workers to use protection when their hands are subject extreme temperature, chemicals, or puncture.
Our team is dedicated to giving you quality products, a high level of customer service and values you won’t find elsewhere.
When it comes to Lab safety, one of the main considerations is that there must be a reliant barrier between personnel and the materials that they are handling. Glove boxes are an essential part of almost all experimentation and manufacturing industries. Nuclear Glove Boxes were first used in the 1940s for research of radioactive metals in…
1. Homely Inspiration The inventor of modern cotton swabs, Polish inventor Leo Gerstenzang, was inspired at home when he saw his wife sticking cotton balls onto the ends of toothpicks, and using this tool to clean out their child’s ears. Can you imagine doing that now? The original target audience for this new product was…
Safety training should be included in any business’ monthly meeting agendas. During safety meetings, the person in charge should talk about workplace safety precautions or train employees about new safety measures to observe. Many people retain only a small percentage of what they hear or read. Therefore, the person in charge needs to do more…
Who is ANSI? The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has served as administrator and coordinator of the United States private sector voluntary standardization system for over 90 years. Founded in 1918 by five engineering societies and three government agencies, the Institute remains a private, nonprofit membership organization supported by a diverse private and public sector…